Frequently Asked Questions
Hello all! Below are some of the frequently asked questions regarding the museum. If you don’t see an answer to your question, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
- If ticket time slots are in 30 minute increments, how long is the experience? Answer: Generally, it takes about 45-60 minutes to experience the museum. Tickets are set for every 30 minutes to help ease the check-in process and keep a smooth flow through the museum. Our museum is setup in one direction to help allow for social distancing, but may result in a short wait when entering.
- Are tickets sold at the door and are they cheaper than purchasing online? Answer: Tickets must be purchased online in order to guarantee entry. If there is availability, we may be able to sell tickets at the door, although we strongly recommend purchasing tickets online. The best price is found online. The price at the door will be slightly higher.
- The website says there is only 1 ticket available, can I get an additional ticket at the door? Answer: Unfortunately, all our ticket inventory is available online. If the website says we are sold out or there is only 1 ticket left, that is all we have available. Please find a new date / time that has sufficient availability for your group size. Thanks!
- How do I get a refund or reschedule my tickets? Answer: Refunds and rescheduling are allowed up to 3 days prior to the ticket date. After that date, no refunds are allowed. Please email the museum at email@example.com and provide the following information: Name and email of the person who purchased the tickets, date / time of current tickets, new date / time being requested. We will do our best to accommodate your request but rescheduling is subject to availability. Ticket availability can be found on our website here.
- Is there parking? Answer: We have arranged discounted parking through the iparkit garage located on the corner of Randolph and Wabash St. Please book online. All parking transactions are through iparkit (InterPark), please reach out to the garage directly with any questions.
- Do I need a ticket for my child who is under 5 years? Answer: No, children 4 and under are free and you do not need a ticket for them.
- Am I able to bring a stroller for my infant? Answer: Yes, we have a coat room if you would like to park it while in the museum. We ask that you do not take your stroller through the museum. We also have changing tables in our bathrooms for your convenience.
- Is the museum handicap accessible? Answer: Yes, the majority of the museum can easily be accessed and viewed from a wheelchair. We do have three exhibits which have extremely slanted floors, however, and is not safe to take a wheelchair inside those rooms. We apologize for this but there is not a way to create these illusions without these severely slanted floors.
- How do I book a group event and what is the pricing? Answer: Please visit our Plan Your Event page here and fill out all the required information. We will reach out to you within 24 hours.
- Do you have a party room? Answer: Yes, however, due to capacity restrictions we are not currently using our party room. A group event will have admission to the exhibit area of the museum only. Also, food and beverage is not permitted at this time.
- Am I able to purchase something from the gift shop without having tickets to the museum? Answer: Yes, however if we are at maximum capacity, we may need you to wait outside until someone leaves.
- What is your mask policy? Following the guidance from state and local officials, masks are optional inside the museum.